What does Te Kete Aronui do?
Level 1: Initially, much of the focus for Te Kete Aronui is promoting and co-ordinating member generated activities.
Members can use Te Kete Aronui to:
- advertise professional learning activities to a wider audience.
- link professional learning activities appraisal and registration systems.
- share and request resources
- deposit feedback.
If you want to promote your professional learning activity to others, email us and we'll add it to the website.
Te Kete Aronui provides quality assured seminars, events and resources to support members’ learning. These activities build on the Best Evidence Synthesis for Teacher Professional Learning and development, the evaluative frame designed for Te Kete Aronui, and/ external quality assurance.
Level 3: Over time, Te Kete Aronui expects to provide a range of programmes and conferences. These activities will build on the Best Evidence Synthesis for Teacher Professional Learning and development, and the evaluative frame designed for Te Kete Aronui.
Te Kete Aronui:
- respects members’ professionalism and follows best evidence practices for teacher professional learning and development.
- plugs the gaps in professional learning and provides ways for members in different roles and different learning communities to work together.
- helps members link professional learning to their appraisal and registration systems.
Te Kete Aronui is not a place or a large bureaucracy. It is a way for members to determine, access and quality assure the learning they need to increase their own professionalism. It works in the gaps between what members need for professional learning and what is currently available.
Do you have a suggestion for Te Kete Aronui? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.